Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaccub
Communications Officer

re: PvP Changes; Pulse Rifle and Hand Cannon Buffs.

First light - Only one interceptor will spawn. Teams will have to fight over it. Decreased interceptor rate of fire, and lethality.

Pulse rifle and hand cannon underused and both will get buffs.

First expansion pack will bring in new gear. 

Edit: Spelling.

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Huurp37

Wow, she was terrible at interviewing.  I think someone handed her the microphone one minute before going live and said here, do this interview but we're not telling you anything about who it is.

Happy to hear about the pulse rifle though

Jaccub
Communications Officer

Huurp37 wrote:

Wow, she was terrible at interviewing.  I think someone handed her the microphone one minute before going live and said here, do this interview but we're not telling you anything about who it is.

Happy to hear about the pulse rifle though

Haha, I didn't complain about her in my post because I had recently complained about the monotone disinterested Bungie presenter at Gamescon lol. But yeah, she sounds like she's high on helium.

Nice to hear eh? We were just talking about our pulse rifles in the chat room :)

This is also reassuring from Bungie director of productions:

“We’re going to change the game after launch in a frequency that we think makes sense, and that isn’t going to be dependent on The Dark Below,” Barnes said. “Already from the beta we learned about how to tune the players’ experiences to be better experiences. We’re going to continuously update the game from now until the end of time. That’s always going to be part of the philosophy of  Destiny. We always wanted to build a new universe but keep building upon it, rather than to do a complete and utter restart periodically.”

Source

- Yoda
Dustranamus
Leader

Happy to hear about the weapon buffs, they were needed.  The updating continuously rather than restarting sounds to me like a real traditional MMORPG.  I hope they treat it like WoW or any of the other major one's and add content through expansions rather than making Destiny 2, 3 etc..  I don't want to restart I want to invest in this character for years and years to come.

MetalGeist

It's been stated over and over.  There will be sequels.  Destiny 2 likely in 2 years from now.  DLC to push Destiny 1 for a year or 2.

MetalGeist wrote:

It's been stated over and over.  There will be sequels.  Destiny 2 likely in 2 years from now.  DLC to push Destiny 1 for a year or 2.

My understanding of the interviews given by various Bungie directors is that they've invested significantly into Destiny's game engine that will allow them to "keep building on [Destiny's universe]" and adding content rather than "doing a complete and utter restart, periodically" like Halo 1, 2, 3 and etc.  The interview given by Barnes (Director of Productions) supports just that. Given Bungie's comments, I don't believe there will be a Destiny 2 anytime soon.

The next question is, whether this is going to be a sustainable business model. I certainly think so. WoW was a cash cow with their monthly subscriptions. While Bungie may only receive a small cut form PSN subscriptions, their DLCs are relatively expensive at ~$20 each if purchased alone (first one is coming out 3 months after launch... 4 expansions per year?). I bet each expansion will bring enough new content to justify its price.

I believe Bungie goofed at their quest to make the game cross platform. It was a stupid decision given only 6.4% of Destiny players plan to get it on PS4, and 10% on XB360, while the rest will go for current generation consoles. The percentage of players on old generations will likely dwindle significantly over the next year. Bungie's desire to ensure the same experience across all platforms really irks me. In my opinion, Destiny should only be made for PS4 and Xbone pushing both systems to its technical capacity. As you can see, I'm pretty bummed that PS4 didn't get 60fps.

- Yoda
Dustranamus
Leader

MetalGeist wrote:

Your reply, seems to be implying that players will  always be restarting, as I said - I hope there are expansions and we don't restart the game over and over.  But, when I finally found results by typing in Destiny sequels Bungie instead of destiny sequels (which shows up as just speculative results) Bungie states characters will be carried over into sequels which essentially means they are expansions with new names in my opinion Destiny 2 for 60 bucks, instead of calling it Destiny: Into the Nexus which could be  an expansion for 60 bucks..  

To me it sounds just like expansions with a new name of Destiny 2, as they do say your characters will carry over.  Which is not really like a sequel in the traditional sense of a game (Halo1, Halo 2) and far more like an expansion.

But, what makes me curious is they say they don't want new players feeling like they are years behind...but how is this possible if we keep our characters from Destiny 1 it's pretty confusing..unless our characters carry over with no gear and are level one..which would make it a traditional sequel..and not expansion like...

I'm confused and really hope they don't wipe us and let us keep our character "skin" as a character carry over...if so it is a traditional sequel instead of an expansion with a new name...

Confused?  I am.

http://nzgamer.com/news/7933/bungie-wants-destiny-characters-to-carry-over-to-sequels.html

I believe Bungie staff called the first expansion "a sequel" in one of their interviews.

The talks about Destiny 2, 3, 4 I too believe that they're effectively major expansions. A Bungie's engineer at one point mentioned of Destiny 2 and 3 although it seems like he's using it as an examples to explain this ever-expanding-universe, a novel model to a FPS. I believe it will be the same game engine with a big new expansion kind of like WoW's BC, WotLK, cata and etc. I'm hoping for a level cap increase of 10 per expansion

Bungie's director mentioned that the game will change at intervals that makes sense. Does this mean the last city will be invaded at a time to come?

Bungie's Engineer

Let’s say Destiny 2 [and] Destiny 3 are out, and we have new players joining the fun. [They] want to play those new games alongside those who have been playing Destiny from the beginning. [We want to ensure] they won’t feel like they’re four years behind. And then, if they want to, they’ll be able to go back and pick up the old content on their same character.

So we’ve done a lot of planning for how that’s going to work, to not make people feel like they have years worth of leveling up to do.

- Yoda
Dustranamus
Leader

Yeah that's the site I linked as well, not sure how it's not expansions.

What are your sources on Destiny 2 Metal?..do they state it as if it's a whole new game starting over?

I think Bungie can easily make new players feel they're not too far behind. The WoW method, was to drastically speed up early leveling before hitting the end game levels, with each expansion offering far better gear from mission rewards so the player can skip the "old" end game raids. Also, having high level friends run you through strikes (like in Diablo 2) is also possible. Lastly, Bungie can simply keep the level cap rising very slowly, ie 5 per expansion. And employ their schemed "horizontal leveling", where gear (obtainable through missions, emblems, strikes) gives you the additional levels.

- Yoda
Dustranamus
Leader

Yeah I think a solid business plan would be to do this.

2 Expansion passes per year.  Release one expansion every 3 months.

Each expansion pass is $35 they sell 2 per year so earn $70/year (more than a new game "Destiny 2")

Stagger expansions that raise the level cap, as the first one in December adds new content but no level cap.  So Expansion 1 big content- Expansion 2 Content plus level cap of 5 - Expansion 3 - Big content- Expansion 4 - Level cap of 5 and content.)

So they could use their 10 year plan and raise the level cap by a total of 10 each year, which can be huge content wise with horizontal focused progression.  This also doesn't make the climb to max level near as high, as raising it by 5 four times a year.

They earn 60$ for Destiny 1.  Then 70 dollars for two expansion passes each year for the next 10 years.

No big budget rebuild of a traditional sequel.  You keep gamers happy, and interested with content...You make just as much money as releasing a new game every year but don't spend near the cost of redesigning it each yea or two.

^ This game is going to be a cash cow for Bungie and its a far better business model for everyone. I had ordered the digital guardian edition which includes the first two expansions for $100 CDN. Otherwise, they're selling expansions 1 and 2 together for 35$ here. I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with major expansion sets costing 35$ itself later down the road.

- Yoda
alek (Its Easy MMMkayy)

I would much rather have destiny's model of expansions than the continual new game.  Battlefield for example was very similar from 3 to 4 and hardline looks like a re-skin of BF4.  I hope most of gaming starts going towards this trend.  Hopefully destiny can be similar to expansions of elder scrolls oblivion and skyrim. 

I love the fact that they will make new content this way. I will be fully vested in my guardian and would be really upset if I had to start all over just because of a sequel.  

"I am by nature a dealer in words, and words are the most powerful drug known to humanity." -Rudyard Kipling
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: