Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
RichardLionhart

re: Newsweek - Destiny Edition

http://m.imgur.com/a/bv7y8

I ran across this in the Destiny forums on the Bungie site.  I thought there were a ton of very nifty pics and informative bits here.  Hope you enjoy  :)

Awesome find! Some good info in those pictures. 

If you've not seen it, it is definitely worth the read.  I picked up a copy today from my local news stand.  

The magazine has 180 pages dedicated solely to Destiny.  There are a lot of things to learn that were not in the beta: beautiful images, strategy, lore for ALL the races, all the planets, the voice actors, and the character loadouts for 15 members from Bungie.  

I was a big fan of machine guns as my heavy weapon, but it seems damn near every member of Bungie bows to the awesomeness of the rocket launcher, Gjallarhorn.  BOOM!  I may have to change my thinking on heavies.

Looks Great! I will be purchasing after work!

"I am by nature a dealer in words, and words are the most powerful drug known to humanity." -Rudyard Kipling
Jaccub
Communications Officer

Thanks for bring this to our attention! I'm surprised how many of the Bungie execs like pulse rifles. No wonder they're giving them a boost in the final game. Autorifles dominated beta.

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Dustranamus
Leader

Thanks for sharing this, I need to find me a copy!

I have checked out my local grocery store as well as a rite-aid (a CVS competitor), and neither of them had it. Have any of you found this at a chain store?

We never carry Newsweek at my bookstore (maybe aside from the odd special edition) so I was surprised when I saw the Destiny one, picked it up nonetheless.

Hey Guys just an update on this Mag. I was able to find it at my local Target store. It was mixed in with the other magazines in the Electronics section. I would advice asking a team member in Electronics and searching through the Magazine section.

Happy Hunting!

"I am by nature a dealer in words, and words are the most powerful drug known to humanity." -Rudyard Kipling
Scottypalooza

Thanks Hitmanv8. You've given me hope to go back and check again at a local Target. Fingers crossed that they've got a shipment in now.

Scotty, To give you a better edge, I was a Target Manager for years so call ahead and have them look for you, preferable someone in the electronics dept who knows Destiny ( they are mainly gamers anyway) If they have it they can hold it for 24hrs for you.

If they give you any guff about it being "high demand merchandise." Just ask for a manager tell them that you went X amount of times and called X amount. Trust me they have to cave and hold it for you.

After the whole data breach thing we were basically told to almost never say no to anything a customer wants.

Good Luck!

Jaccub
Communications Officer

Congrats on finding a copy! Target has become one of my favourite stores ever since they arrived in Canada. They've really dropped their prices in an effort to out compete Walmart but are still struggling. They were selling many games for $10-19 (and I mean big titles) last weekend!

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Hitmanv8

HAHA Jaccub! I remember when we first had to go to a meeting at the Corporate office because they were announcing the Canada move. I know they have been struggling as of late to compete but I believe over time they will become just as profitable.

Scottypalooza

Target was the winner up here in New England if anyone else is looking for a copy still.

SEND ME ONE!!! lol all my stores are out... :(

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: