Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jun87

re: What do you guys prefer Digital or Hard Copy?

Destiny is coming right around the corner and i want to know who's getting hard copy or digital? 

i will be getting mine on digital for the very first time on the ps4 or any console. 

i'm usually a physical copy guy when it comes to games, but i feel like destiny digital download seems best for me. i have also upgraded my hard drive to 1.5TB 

Also if anyone pre order digital you can now Pre Load the game right now! i just logged onto my ps4 and i have already download the app and updates and currently downloading the game! the size is 18gb for the game and 21gb total.

I prefer digital, but since I'm getting a PS4 BUNDURU, I don't really have a choice.  :3

you're getting the bundle?! aww dude i'm so jelly over here!!! i want a white ps4... lol 

I've typically preferred hard copy. Currently I have a nice rack with all my games on display which reminds me where I came from as a gamer ad well as which games I own and can play. Additionally I can share hard copy with a cousin,  and vice versus.

For Destiny I too will be getting my game and console in the bundle.

I don't mind either way. However with the amount of use I'll make out of Destiny, I suppose it should have been better to go as digital.

I am still old school, I like having my box and disc. I just wish that the manuals were bigger and informative like they used to be. I am not opposed to digital but I have yet to try it and I have had this game pre ordered so long ago I just decided to stick with it.

"I am by nature a dealer in words, and words are the most powerful drug known to humanity." -Rudyard Kipling
Jaccub
Communications Officer

I tend to go digital for a few reasons. It's much more convenient to switch games digitally rather than get my bum off the couch to change a disk. Some games (like D2) required the disk to spin up at certain checkpoints to ensure you have a copy of the game. It delays loading. Prolonged use of the bluray reader causes long term wear-and-tear putting the disk reader at higher risk for faults. Those are pretty much the biggest reasons why I go digital. Other considerations are if you live with people with temper tantrums and like breaking disks and more environmental.

I was seriously considering the steelbook case though, which looks pretty awesome.

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
RichardLionhart

I'm way too old to try this fancy new-age digital downloading you youngsters are doing.  I remember the mid 80s when downloading meant having Dad and Mom drive me to Toys R Us to pick out a shiny new cardboard case from the great wall filled with myriad Nintendo and Sega Master System games.

I'll keep my hard discs and plastic cases, sans the wonderful old instruction manuals I cherished, thank you.

I went with Digital Download, but also purchased the Limited Edition Steel Case, I only added on the digital because my Steel wouldn't be here launch day.  So I guess I am just going to keep the Limited for the looks.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: