Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fendya

re: Destiny will launch...

ninjadragonkllr  What time will the servers be open for the public in North America and worldwide?

When it is September 9th somewhere in the world, and you have access to your very own version of Destiny, it will be time for you to create a character that will keep you company for a good, long time. Retailers will stick to time-zones. Our servers won’t know the difference. Retailers will break street date. Our servers won’t.

So pure speculation here, but a lot of people on the Bungie forums are interpreting this as meaning, servers go live midnight UTC (New Zealand time). I did the conversion, and that means 5pm Monday Sept 8th on the west coast of North America.  If this is true, then those who digitally purchased the game will get to play a lot sooner than those who are picking up physical copies.

Take it with a grain of salt. It does fit with what was officially said.  Makes sense to me that they would want to stagger the millions of people trying to log in at the same time. 

Another forum user made a solid point:

I know from past experience regarding the ps store and digital copies. That games I have been able to preload on the system a couple days early (like destiny) I am also able to play it before 12 am pst (where I live) so unless sony is completely changing the way that they usually do things just for this one launch (which I doubt they will) I am expecting to be able to create my guardian on the 8th of September pst

On the other hand It's hard to believe they would do this since they are making a huge deal about the first group to complete the Vault of Glass. I can't see them allowing players who purchase digitally or live in UTC, to get such a large time advantage over others.

Thoughts?

To my knowledge, Bungie has explicitly stated that their servers will come online at 00:00 (midnight) PDT on September 9th, 2014. For us EDT folks, this will be 03:00 in the morning. I'm anticipated a login server overload, so I'll start playing in the morning around 8AM EST and hoping someone will join me :). I'm hoping to get the next day off. I'll be downloading digital guardian edition and the contract agreement states that I'll only have access at 00:00 PDT. I'm really not sure where the UTC rumour (Bungie has a New Zealand location?) comes from.

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Fendya

Well New Zealand(UTC) is the first place on the planet to tick Sept 9.  And people are referencing this "When it is September 9th somewhere in the world".

Personally, I believe it will be midnight PDT. But I'll sure as hell be trying to login midnight UTC :D I mean... why not! haha

:P I guess its worth a try.

New Zealanders will only get to play at 17:00 their time (UTC) on Tuesday Sept 9, while we get to play at 00:00 PDT. Personally, I would prefer an afternoon launch haha.

Btw, have anyone else noticed that September 9th, is a full moon? Coincidence? I think not. Bungie is upsessed with wolves. Even Destiny's logo resembles a wolf face.

http://moongiant.com/moonphases/September/2014/

- Yoda
Scottypalooza

Finally, here is then end all be all answer Bungie sent out via twitter last night. So, no more of this delayed launch until its 0000 PDT talk. Once you have the game, you can start playing. Digital downloads still are dependent on when Sony unlocks the game though I assume. 

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/503357717566599168

"Destiny servers will admit Guardians as soon as it is September 9th somewhere in the world. When you play is between you and your retailer."

Wow! That was truly unexpected! So Pwnsports, looks like it's Monday evening!!!

- Yoda
XxRazorsEdge

From what i understand the Sony digital edition will still not be unlocked until midnight pst. So if you live on the east side that's 3am. Only those that have the hard copy (disk) will be allowed play earlier. But this is coming from the bungie forums, so i don't know. It's hard to trust some of those posts.

Fendya

Looks like I need to reroute my IP address through some UTC server so PSN thinks I live in NZ. :D

Yah I'm a little miffed at how they did this.  I know some of these things are out of their control and if the shoe were on the other foot, i'd be pissed if I was somewhere else in the world other than the west coast and I had to wait til 00:00 pst.  Ah well, people playing before me shouldn't diminish the fun I'll be having when I get it.  See you guys star side.

Jump to: