Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feigny

re: Friday update

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---09052014/en/News/News?aid=12096

One note: Vault of Glass will be available starting Sept. 16th. So  you need only be level 25 by that time hits, to participate. No explanation was given as to why it starts then.

Yeah... I was a little disappointed when I read that it opens on the 16th. I will be working again by then. Looks like I may not be able to explore it till that following weekend, unless I can squeeze some time in throughout the week.

Dustranamus
Leader

Back when we very first started discussing, this I had expressed my theory that I wasn't sure the game's raid would be open on launch day.  I talked about it with Metal, and we ended up finding something where it said people would clear V.o.G within a week of launch day must have been rubbish.

I am a little relieved now I can explore further and enjoy the game a little more.

Dustranamus wrote:

I am a little relieved now I can explore further and enjoy the game a little more.

Ditto.  :)

Week one raid could have been fun,  the rush of attempting to level up and race to the finish. But as much as I wanted to do that I'm more happy to enjoy it's beauty and  depths during the first week. Also, I can give the three classes more testing, and fellow LOOTERS can have more time to attempt to level up before the VoG is opened.

I for one am happy with this decision because it will make us stop and enjoy the initial game more without just making it a speed run. I know it takes the excitement off the initial rush but all in all I think Bungie realized that too many players were going to miss the real essence of what they are trying to create.

"I am by nature a dealer in words, and words are the most powerful drug known to humanity." -Rudyard Kipling
Fendya

I imagine this will actually create a more level playing ground for those competing for world first raid clear. Since some time zones will play before others, it makes sense to give everyone in the race enough time to achieve lvl 25 and be ready to go when the gates open. Now it will be down to pure skill and teamwork, and not the team who sleeps less and finds semi exploitative ways to gain levels.

Well, this will give us time to enjoy Destiny's rich lore and explore its planets! In beta, I turned on captions to not miss a thing for the lore presented in the loading screens. Would certainly suggest you do so too.

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: