Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scottypalooza

re: Incoming changes from Destiny's dev team

Bungie is addressing concerns and statistics that have arisen over the game's first two weeks, and some changes will be made immediately and others are a work in progress for later patches. 

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Dev-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12188

One of the first changes is that of the treasure cave on earth can no longer be exploited by players to search for engrams. Additionally ascendant materials can no longer be found from dismantling the Queen's Wrath gear. 

http://www.bungie.net/7_Hot-Fix---09252014/en/News/News?aid=12190

Thanks for the update!

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

I like how they closed comments for both posts... BRING ON THE HATE MAIL... lol

PraetorianSPQR

I agree with all of these changes, especially the PvP related ones. Bring back skilled game-play not bullet spam.

Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

PraetorianSPQR wrote:

I agree with all of these changes, especially the PvP related ones. Bring back skilled game-play not bullet spam.

Well the one change I don't agree with is the Queen's Wrath loot.. Now the event is useless to any player that is currently able to raid. The farming changes are fine but to make an event worthless takes away from the game.

Jaccub
Communications Officer

agreed. i missed out on the ascendent materials...

Pulse rifles are going to be king in pvp now imo. Big nerf to auto rifles :)

- Yoda
Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

Especially since they will be increasing the power of Bad Juju. I like both Auto and Pulse. Though in PVP it took a full clip to down people with my Auto for me, and that's with head shots. 

I think the largest change that should happen is that a lvl 1 -10 weapon shouldn't easily out perform a lvl 20 weapon. I don't mind damage caps and armor caps but it is a bit annoying that I do have to unload a full clip from a lvl 20 Auto where a lvl 2- 10 only needs 2 or 3 hits to bring me down.

1 normal hit from a bullet from my Auto only does 11 dmg to a player. And this is a rifle from VoG.

I do feel PVP should be more skill than gear, but I think there is some over penalizing on higher lvl characters.

Jaccub
Communications Officer

You need an auto rifle with lower fire rate and higher impact. I'm rolling with the Regime and its kicking ass. Pretty much a kill under 1.5 seconds (45 dmg per headshot and 30 dmg per body = 3 head shots + 2 body shots). Hopefully no nerf!! But it is pretty imba because I can fire across the map and get kills. Range should be reduced.

The best pulse rifle that i've come cross for pvp is actually the stranger's rifle. The full auto certainly helps with a decent impact. It requires 3 bursts to the head though. My previous pulse rifle only took 2 hits because of the high impact.

Here's some more info about 1.0.2 below.

The 1.0.2 patch will go live next week, and includes several changes to the Cryptarch and Engram experience.  These changes guarantee that Engrams will always decode into items at or above the quality of an engram.

Only Engrams that drop after 1.0.2 are subject to this change.

Cryptarch Changes
Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
  • Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
  • Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
  • Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items

Activity Changes
  • Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in 

- Yoda
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: