Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitmanv8

re: Thorn bounty advice.

Hey guys,  I'm in the middle of the Thorn bounty and am having a heck of a time getting 500 void crucible points. I would consider myself a just OK pvper. The only void weapon I have is a lvl 18 fusion rifle, I have had zero luck procuring void weapons thanks rng. Do you guys have any tips on how to complete this bounty? I am open to all suggestions! 

Thanks!

"I am by nature a dealer in words, and words are the most powerful drug known to humanity." -Rudyard Kipling
Huurp37

Unfortunately, the hunter starts off kind of boned as they are the only class without a void based subclass.  Disclaimer- I am by no means an authoritative word on pvp, in fact, I'm pretty awful, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Hang on to your void fusion rifle or spend marks to get a better void FR.  Reason for that and not a void rocket launcher or LMG is the heavy ammo is few and far between as to whether you would be able to pick some up, whereas you will always have special ammo in the crucible.

Play the Control map type.  With Control, you will always have an idea of where you could find enemy players (they'll be heading to one of the three points)  Salvage may also be a viable play list, however, there are fewer players, so I just mentioned Control as being more time efficient due to a greater chance of more kills per match than with Salvage.

Buddy system- try to stick with at least one other player and focus fire on whatever target they're shooting at.  Not sure if you get points for assists, or kills only.

Guard flag or choke points and let the enemy come to you before firing FR volley.  I think at longer distances, it will be outgunned by AR and SR because the recoil forces the weapon upward which will diminish the number of hits.  You want them close so the whole volley can hit center mast and travel upward, ending at the helm.

Having said all that, I've not completed the Thorn bounty myself so it is very possible I'm talking  out of my ass.

Last edited by Huurp37 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scottypalooza

For your hunter, since there is no void damage subclass, I'd suggest playing through control and camping at one point that is getting a reasonable amount of action. You could go out and hunt down players but with the fusion rifle's limited range and charge time, there's always the chance you could get taken out before you're within range. By staying close and crouched around a control point you'll be in a better position to anticpate where the enemy is coming from. Maximize your K/D ratio even if you only get 10 kills. If you raid tomorrow pray you get the void primary. 

I completed my bounty primarily with a void shotgun though I did have void grenades as a backup, and only used my secondary for the matches. It may take a couple dozen games (hopefully not more). Any heavy weapon with void can be used, though I prefer a slow firing heavy machine guns due to only needing a few bullets to take down an enemy player, allowing more kills in total usually than a rocket launcher. Since armor and weapons are equalized outside of Iron Banner, a level 10  uncommon void weapon should be as effective damage wise as a level 20 legendary, aside from weapon traits. 

Find a fellow LOOT member who's online and maybe they can try and help wittle enemies down allowing you to get the kill shot? Just wait until you have to do the last part of the bounty...

All good suggestions,  Thanks guy's.  I am considering using marks and purchasing the comedian which right now the vanguard seller has it with void damage. I've always preferred a shotgun to fusion rifle anyway. Control does sound like the best bet to get this done.

"I am by nature a dealer in words, and words are the most powerful drug known to humanity." -Rudyard Kipling
Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

Find yourself a void weapon, 2 friends, and then do rumbles. Have them just run to you and die.

MetalGeist

Mk has the win suggestion.  The other suggestions are solid if you don't have anyone able to help you out.  Even if you just have one player helping you, rumbles while in a fire team are the sure fire way to some easy kills for whatever your current goals are.  Shotguns work better for people who have a hard time with fusion rifles.  Fusion rifles have a much longer range for a "one-shot" kill, but definitely are a unique gun type to adapt to.  Grab a friend or two, if you can.  If you have 2 friends with you in Rumble, you guys could even team up on other solo players when they run towards you trying to get kills.  Friends can weaken the other members with assault rifles while you zero in on landing big hits, then when the coast is clear, you can turn around and kill your homies.  Kills galore!

Jump to: