Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scottypalooza

re: Details on DLC and Upgrading Mechanics

My loyal Galaxy S4 alerted me to this article as the phone is aware of my obsession with Destiny. The article talks a bit of the new PvP maps, the new story missions, Crota's End loot drop system, and most importantly, the upgrade mechanics of taking current exotic gear and bringing it up to the next level of damage/defense for weapons and armor.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/03/7158659.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

*Contains, spoilers/descriptions of activities in the new story missions, but not the raid.

If you want to upgrade exotics, you'll be able to do so on the weekends with Xur, but can only upgrade specific items. It'll cost somewhere around 7,000 glimmer, probably give or take 1,000, an exotic shard, and the exotic item. When doing so, all upgrade progress on the exotic will be reset and need to be releveled. Upgrading the new version may be slightly faster than the first time. 

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

Shows examples of what the new Xur selection will look likes. Also has a lot of the game informer article summarized as bullet points.

TLDR;

Save up your strange coins, it will take 2 ( TWO! ) Exotic shards to boost your old exotics to new level 32 stats!  It takes one to make the upgrade and another to unlock the final upgrade slot!  It will also take 7,000 glimmer, save up that cash!  Start doing your exotic bounties again, breaking down exotics will be a good way to get exotic shards!

Also, if you are about to have your Vanguard or Crucible reputation kick over to the next level, I'd suggest waiting til the patch to do so.  New currencies necessary for upgrades are only awarded with rank ups.  I don't know if I like it, but that's how it is.  :p

also, YAY level 30 Nightfalls.  :D

Jump to: