Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxRazorsEdge

re: Mumble App

Does anyone know how to connect with this app? I put in all the right info but it keeps saying error with certificate and i lose connection. Please help if you know anything.
Feigny

What platform are you using Mumble on?

Android. It runs fine on my laptop, i was using it earlier this evening talk with some of the other clan members.

Huurp37

I was getting the same error on my phone.  Not sure of the issue but it's not just you, if that helps

Feigny

Tried it as well, and getting the same issue. There's an app for $1.39 that makes it possible to connect, but I was trying to find other methods.

What I tried to do was make and export a certificate from Mumble on the PC and sent it via google drive to my android. The only issue so far is that I don't think the Mumble format of the certificate works on the android app.

So it looks like the mumble app in android store may simply be outdated (without having been updated since 2010). There are two alternatives that look alright Plumble and Plumble free. I was able to connect to Plumble free. Haven't checked what the difference is between free and the one that costs $1.50.

Other than that, unless if anyone has knowledge in programming, and knows how to make a certificate for the mumble app, we won't be able to use the original Mumble app.

Pumble Mumble app ftw for Android smart phones. Downloaded this app after the original mumble app wouldn't work. Works good and creates its own certificate.

Huurp37

Hey Razor,

I was able to generate a certificate for Mumble.  I don't know if it will help and you may have already tried, but I had not because I'm an idiot.  I assume it looks the same or Android, I have iOS, but when you open the Mumble app, you will see a Preferences.  Click that and then at the bottom you will see under Network, a drop down for Certificate.  If you click that and then it will ask for a name and email.  Enter those and accept and it will generate a certificate that says it's good for about two decades.

Like said, you may have already tried, however I was able to get it working after receiving the same error, so you may want to try that.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: