Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

re: Newest Patch Notes

Weapons
  • General
    • Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
  • Auto Rifles
    • Base Damage decreased by 2%
    • Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
    • Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
  • Hand Cannons
    • In-air accuracy now increased
  • Scout Rifles
    • Base damage increased by 6%
    • Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
    • Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
  • Shotguns
    • Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
    • Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
    • The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
  • Exotic Weapons
    • Vex Mythoclast
      • Base Damage decreased by 34%
      • Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
    • Pocket Infinity
      • Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
  • Perks
    • Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
    • Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities
  • Strikes
    • Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
  • Raid - Vault of Glass
    • Templar Encounter
      • Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
      • Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations
  • The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan
Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

So... Should we start looking for another game to play? Considering based on the notes... Raiding is now worthless...

Dustranamus
Leader

Yeah, I sadly agree.  The fact that they nerfed the Vex Mythoclast due to PvP qq'ers shows me Destiny has no intention of ever making this a serious MMO type game as I had hoped.

I know that they will change things in the future and I hope for the better, in the mean time there will be plenty of fun games we can play together as a clan.  Dragon Age, Far Cry 4, Unity, Evolve, and eventually the big ones such as EQ Next, and The Division.

I still want to clear raids and nightfalls, but I'll probably be playing Shadow of Mordor quite a bit this month.  Hit me up if you need bodies for something.  :)

So I tested it, comparably the Vex hit like a Hand cannon (damage wise) before the hotfix, now it hits about as hard as a lower scout or higher auto rifle... I'll gladly do raids and nightfalls but I think I may just purchase Diablo 3 and give it a shot.

Maybe things will change for the better once COD is out and Bungie has a large drop from the PVP community

darkestlynk

is it really a deal breaker though?

---Follow the Light, Fallen into Darkness---
MetalGeist

It's not.  I still get a higher score in PvP using the Vex over most other guns.  The only scores I've gotten that compare are when I use Hawkmoon on my Blade Dancer hunter with a shottie.  It's still a good gun, it's just closer to "balanced" than it once was.  That gun needed a nerf, the fact that I can still get something like a 75% win to lose ratio when going toe to toe with someone is simply an attestation to how OP it was to begin with.  I still love guns, I still love space magic and I still want to raid weekly in order to prep my characters to be 30 for when DLC hits the streets.

Exact testing shows VM was actually nerfed 49%.  It does far less damage than almost any auto rifle that has at least 15 percent impact.  I have been using the Vision of Confluence full auto scout rifle in PvP.  It fires a tidge slower than the Suros but still wrecks face.  4 head shots is a kill 61 damage each and hits quickly and accurately haven't been mowed down by any gun one on one period with it.

MetalGeist wrote:

It's not.  I still get a higher score in PvP using the Vex over most other guns.  The only scores I've gotten that compare are when I use Hawkmoon on my Blade Dancer hunter with a shottie.  It's still a good gun, it's just closer to "balanced" than it once was.  That gun needed a nerf, the fact that I can still get something like a 75% win to lose ratio when going toe to toe with someone is simply an attestation to how OP it was to begin with.  I still love guns, I still love space magic and I still want to raid weekly in order to prep my characters to be 30 for when DLC hits the streets.

Keep in mind you don't need hard mode to get level 30, I had mine before we ventured in haha.  Just saying might be easiest to set up normal mode static if none of the 29's and 30s want to do HM.

The math doesn't really convince me that it's a "bad" gun.  It still wrecks face.  I still want to raid hard mode.  Others can feel free to pass and give up on hard mode, but I still want to raid it and am looking for others that do as well.

Jump to: