Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Feigny

re: Great video explaining stats

Makes sense, plus in how adversely that could effect PvP. You'd be 1-shotting people with a regular weapon at that point probably XD

As far as sub-classes go, I am trying to find the information again but it was put out that you will not be able to unseal a sub-class ever once sealed.  However, you receive a third slot where you can copy a class before sealing it and can be used for your flex style, as the main attribute buff is supposed to make a tremendous difference from sealing.

MetalGeist

I highly dispute that (mainly cause there's no source) because it doesn't make sense to give people limited character space and also make them lock in skill choices permanently.  Typically MMO or online RPG games would give you tons of space for many characters if you are locked into skill choices, or if you had very little room for just a few characters, you would be able to revert skills through some mechanic.  I wish I could remember what I heard, but I'm under the impression you will be able to buy an item that will reset your skills.  It probably won't be cheap, so you won't want to do it often.

Search the Bungie mailsack having probs with my ohone net connection, mailsack said sealing is permanent trying to find it, maybe ya can beat me with these net issues

Jaccub
Communications Officer

Some good analysis regarding how to best prioritize the stats. I also believe it will be about decreasing a the CD of the stat that will then trigger reduced CD time for another stat (ie when targets killed with grenade or melee).

As for sealing a class, from what I recall, it locks the choices but gives a sizable bonus to the primary stat of the class. Personally, I favour toughness and recovery. From what I understand, you get a 3rd slot after you lock but will have to re-level/re-acquire all the options, although it will be faster. (I don't recall this source). I actually am not too pleased with this system. People will make multiple multiple toons to max/min for pvp and raids.

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Feigny

I don't think I asked this, but I also wonder if endgame gear can provide at least 2/3 100% reductions on cooldowns for abilities.

From the videos posted here, if you go to full stat you'll reduce the CD of an ability to the maximum of 20 seconds (down from 1 minute), now I wonder if how the stat distribution works, if you can only manage to do that with one ability, or if you'll be able to do it with 2/3. (not including min maxing wherein 1 ability is 35 seconds, while another is 30, etc).

I in no way like this system either, wasn't sayimg it's something I wanted but it was in the Bungie mail sack.  Personally I'm not a fan of losing customization in order to max my character but thats what Bungie wants thats why there is a third slot.

MetalGeist

Your level affects how many points you need to max a stat.  If there is high level gear without light on it, you could probably 100% your abilities for PvP (anything other than Iron Banner, maybe).  For PvE, you will want to get as high a level as you can get and this will devalue your stats.  If there is a light cap, I think the only way to get 100 x2 would be to have the best gear in the game, if that's even possible.  I'm speculating you'll want to aim for 1 stat at 90%, your next at 70% and then whatever is left over.  The stats will fluctuate often as level changes will drop your CD%, but better gear will boost it again.

Its kind of lame that for crucible pvp, you would want gear without light to max out stats.

Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
MetalGeist

I do not believe the PvP gear has light, I'll try to look it up again to make sure.

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: