Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Fendya

re: Great video explaining stats

Great video, must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RR-EebKLyQ

EDIT: gets a little mathy, and theoretical, but still some good info.

Ah theory crafting... XD

It'll be interesting to see how min maxing will work, like if with endgame gear we will be able to make all cooldowns down to 20 seconds or only one of them. As well, I wonder how this may effect legendary gear when you're only allowed to wear two pieces at a time.

My assumption though, will be that at any given level, the stats used to reduce the cool down, will be a linear number that matches up with other gear pieces as the player gets close to the level cap of that specific level to get the cool downs to 20 seconds.

Based on all the talent choices i've made / played with in the calculator, you essentially pick a direction of 2 abilities and leave one out to dry.  Example:  I could go a melee striker that feeds Super cooldown perks if I hit things and maybe another perk where my melee benefits from my super.  Essentially I'm abandoning the grenade of it's bonus abilities but still utilizing it's function as a base ability.  I'm imagining stats will also just about hit cap on 1 stat and then come in close to second on another stat.  I'll bet you want that 2nd stat to be the ability that you feed CD reduction to by spamming the highest stat you have.  Something like that.  :p

So in short, you'll stack 2 stats mostly and use perks for 2 of your 3 abilities.  The stats and the perks you pick should match up with your abilities that you use more commonly.  Beyond that, you're simply tweaking your gear to support your choices in weapons, which is where some of the real fun should kick in.  xD

Yeah, locking in your choices as permanent is going to be tough with the gearing. The only way we could really know, I suppose, is knowing in advance what gear is out there that we should try to attain for the level cap.

I swear people are saying it's confirmed that you will be able to reset your points via coin or some sort of purchase that probably will be a little spendy so you don't do it a lot, but also allow you to spec yourself the best you can in your current situation instead of holding out for some Exotic because of the perk you want on it.

I plan to have a talent build that isn't dependent on gear first and I will adjust it later based on what gear I get.   :3

Makes sense.

What I've found was when you had your pointer over the striker/defender tree in the option menu (Titans as example) there was a space for about 9 more slots. I don't think that that will be for 9 new separate sub classes, but rather 9 optional builds, each having the adjusted incremental xp gain when starting a new tree. Time consuming, however, as that would mean things like having to make a PvE and PvP build, as an example.

Based on my knowledge of how the equipment system works, I think those slots are just kind of their and empty, each subclass icon will be its own "equipment" and you can swap between just the 2.  I think they really want you to commit to your choices IF you want that extra stat boost (and most people will).  They want your choices and your experience to carry weight.  They want your talents to either make you feel awesome when yours win over someone elses, or when someone beats you cause they turned invisible instead of doing an AoE attack you'll be like "awww man, that talent is so cool/bullshit" so you'll feel the weight of someone else choosing something different.  If you could have 3 PvP builds of the same class, you could willy nilly through all your favorite builds with like almost no repercussion. 

I would certainly prefer a focus of having two sub-classes only, for sure. Or at least something that doesn't mean having to have multiple versions of the similar sub-class.

The next thing to wonder is that if two warlock sunsingers were to use their super to buff their group's damage, if the two overlap and only count as 1 buff, or if you in fact get a double amount of damage from both buffs, as a result.

Good question, I haven't the foggiest of how that will work.  I don't think buffs stacking would break the game.  I'd venture a guess that Bungie expects players to maximize mechanics in order to cut corners where they can.

And judging by how difficult the vault of glass may be, they may even require it in certain phases.

I just hope that it won't become a thing wherein it's required that a raid must have certain classes participating. I doubt that'll be the case though. Plus that's more for pugs to worry about than a clan.

Also, it's more for worry in the hardest levels, probably not the base level of content.  By the time we are participating and clearing the harder levels, I think we will have wracked up a lot of experience with the encounters by then to have an idea of how we want to tweak our builds and how best to use them.   :3  I hope anyways.

Yeah, for sure. And I hope there will be interesting mechanics too, not just having to stand and shoot at something. Like maybe you need an ally to stand on something while the rest of the team flanks the boss or whatnot. Basically a puzzle encounter with the boss.

The primary mechanic that we've seen in the beta is that whoever the boss is looking at currently has aggro, and the person potentially firing the most damage at them, could be the next target. It's nice and simple for the early levels.

Aye, pretty spot on with aggro functions.  I note that without a new target in line of sight, the aggro lies with the last who had it.  If someone is nearly dead and needs reprieve, a tanky or agility type really should try to grab aggro to help the other escape death.  We can essentially frog leap aggro when someone is in trouble.

And depending on how hectic the fight is, or if there are any number of adds, voice chat will come in handy to easily determine the best route to take.

During the strike, I'd say the toughest part was waiting for your ghost to bring down all 3 doors, with wave after wave of enemies coming through, with not a lot of room. The rest of the Strike went pretty smoothly. In fact, we had someone DC or leave our 3 man group after that particular fight, and we ended up successfully 2 manning it thereafter.

I also made a vid of my titan soloing the devil crawler (or whatever it's called), via the open world function. It took a while but I did get him.

(anywho off to bed, nice chatting!) XD

Just my 2 cents about buffs stacking. I don't think that they will stack. As a developer it is hard to balance your game around buffs stacking, most mmo's out there have gone away from this. You don't want 6 warlocks stacking a buff and decimating your raid boss during certain phases of the fight, allowing players to possibly skip mechanics. Instead, they would probably design fights where you have to communicate when you will be using your super, so that the other warlock can time his to begin as yours ends. Maintaining the buff is harder, requires more communication, and is more rewarding in the end :)

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: