Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

re: Logo & Design Ideas

I've seen talk about getting someone or people together that do graphic design. I have a sister that would be perfect in that regard. I am currently having her come up with a logo and banner for my Youtube channel and ran doing some for the clan by her.

She is rather excited about it. She isn't much of a gamer so I'll be giving her a crash course on Destiny, but thought I could take some design ideas to her as well and she could sketch it out and give a us a visual reference.

So, what does everyone think?

XxRazorsEdge

Man, that would be great. As for a design idea i have no idea, not much of a designer myself. But thank you and her for doing this.

Dustranamus
Leader

Sounds amazing, I have been kind of picturing a sci fi type logo have you seen how glimmer has that distinct blue glow, I was thinking maybe that could radiate as an outline around the logo.

Site Admin

Sounds good, that color actually makes a great highlight... Now for the logo.... instead of a skull and cross bone how about a ghost and cross guns... I'm not a very creative person HAHA

MetalGeist

I think agreeing on a theme will help promote ideas.  Do people want something comedic, abstract, arsenal based?  Are we going with a logo that is based on our acronym "loot" or something based on legends of our time?

If we do it on Legends of our time, how about a crusty old guy in a cloak about to read a large worn book :P

Feigny

I had somewhat jokingly mentioned that it could be a destiny inspired dragon curling around its loot horde. The horde of jewels could be gold and what not, with 4 pieces seemingly spelling LOOT

Here we go, this was what I was thinking, with the suggestion of having the treasure be the engram colour.

Don't be intimidated by my art skills.

Nailed it.

LOOT, Legendary Heroes and Artists...  I'll submit to sis and let her do the coloring

Feigny

Hmmm I think there are supposed to be 2 dragon pics on the web, but the only one I've found is very small.

However a couple of inferences:

For some reason I liken it to the dragon "Toothless" from How to train your dragon. Purple fire, sleek and black. Plus if indeed a dragon is a boss, I'd imagine they were tough to take down. We see other dragons having holes in their wings, and otherwise looking aged, but the ones in Destiny are probably for the most part uncontested. They also appear to have a simple design.

As for making the logo a bit more space-like we could include something like a galaxy background, or something like a bunch of stars in a black backdrop.

Assuming people want to keep trying the dragon idea, anyway, haha.

EDIT: found something more tangible:

and at 48 seconds:

Well how about you show her some good Destiny trailers. Like the ones about the campaign and story. Give her some inspiration see what she comes up with.

Personally, I like some of the Destiny art style, particularly the "map" artstyle: 

MetalGeist

I really like this video even though it's a mashup.  xD    

Update: Had to purchase a few things for the digital drawings to get started, She should be able to start next week. So next week really will be christmas for us :)

darkestlynk

the logo needs to be eye catching and represent who we are. again, in "Legends of our Time" name doesn't really say anything or hint at dragons...

we could prolly pull something from our guild summary once we've voted for it. it needs to represent us.

---Follow the Light, Fallen into Darkness---
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: