Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

re: Other Games Besides Destiny, LOOT will LIVE ON!

Most of us will still be playing Destiny, some of the common raiders will be focusing on other games, but will still gladly pop on to help and do Raids, and Weeklies. It's just that with the current changes that have been made, Destiny is focusing on a direction some of us disagree with.

Currently I'm sure you've seen a few of us on FF A Realm Reborn and Shadow of Mordor.

FF A Realm Reborn is a large MMO, some of us are new to the game and a few others, not so much. The game as a whole has been out for about a year, that said, it is still in it's infancy(not that you can tell, content wise). This MMO has MANY customizing features, and plays like most MMOs.

Now it does require a monthly subscription after the free 30 day trial with purchase. However it is available on both PS4 & PC and the accounts and play are universal. (PS4 players can play with PC users) From what I've heard the raids require more teamwork and skill than Destiny, (that's a given) and the story content is there.

Shadow of Mordor is a single player LOTR game. It is pretty much Assassin's Creed meets Arkham City. It is a very entertaining sandbox that has some interesting mechanics for the enemies and combat. That said, it is a sandbox, so the long-term play isn't there, also there is no multiplayer.

FUTURE GAMES IN THE TALKS

H1Z1 Team based Zombie Survival game being released sometime next year. It will be a free to play, created by Sony Online. From what I have heard it is a lot like Day Z but not as buggy and strictly for the PS4. I don't know a whole hell of a lot about it, but Dustranamus does. (At least more than I do)

Ever Quest for the PS4, I know nothing about it, but I know a little about the older EQ. Expect this to be HUGE. Scheduled for sometime next year.

I bring this to the forums for a reason. I like the clan, and would like to continue playing with everyone, even if it is in another game. Destiny is not dead to me, it's just that my motivation has been stripped away by Bungie's changes. I have already purchased the expansions, so I'm not going to be dropping the game for good, at least not until I see what the expansions add, and how those play out.

Anyway I thought I should bring this all to light and hear everyone else's thoughts on the matter.

Dustranamus
Leader

Great Post Bud,

I love the effort you put in.  Just wanted to add a couple of things.  We are a community for gamers and not strictly a Destiny Clan.  Therefore if you have other games you're interested in come and share them with everyone on the forums.  There are no restrictions in place for games we won't take place in.  You can use our forums, and Mumble at will to communicate with each other and be more involved in you fellow LOOT members gaming experiences.

Also I will be playing Far Cry 4, and Dragon Age: Inquisition.  Will post later more information on them.

Diablo III would be another to put here to consider. I personally don't have it but am tempted even thought it's been out a while.

---Follow the Light, Fallen into Darkness---
Dustranamus
Leader

Indeed many of us played Diablo 3, pre-Destiny.

I've been playing Archeage. For those who don't know, its a sandbox style fantasy MMO. Some of the reasons I enjoy it are as follows:

- 120 different class combinations, allowing you to build a truely unique character

- You can essentially use any armor type, weapon type you want - some are obviously better than others for certain class types but you do have the freedom to theory craft crazy combinations

- Build and own your own house/farm on NON instanced land, that's right, there is limited land, and your house is standing there for all the people to see. For anyone who played starwars galaxies its the same sort of thing. 

- tons of different unique crafting options, that you can actually use to level to max level, avoiding the questing grind all together if you want

- become a trader: carefully plan trade routes between towns, between continents(over the ocean) and avoid player pirates and sea monsters along the way for big profits.

- insane graphics and boat physics that rival games like assassins creed black flag

- Crime and Justice system: stealing and destroying other peoples plants/animals or pirating will earn you infamy points, earn enough and be put on trial by a jury of your peers. If found guilty they can sentence you to jail. You can even get kicked out of your faction and join a third "pirate" faction.

Anyway I could go on for a long time about all the things I love about this game. There are of course cons. They ported this game from Korea so they took out all the voice overs, and never really added english ones in, so you have to read all quests. Also, the game has fairly high PC system requirements to run nicely. The game is free to download and play, but if you really want to compete you will need to pay a 15/month subscription. 

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: