Site Inactive
Membership
Who's Online
PayPal Donation

Clan NewsFeed Icon

No News Is Currently Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

re: Port Forwarding Guide for PS4 setup

Here is a simple step by step I found for router and PS4 set up. If you have questions let me know.

Scottypalooza

I just did this last night actually just before the post, setting up a static IP for the PS4 and ensuring the necessary ports were open for Destiny, so far no problems. I had previously been having some disconnects mid game which would make me have to rejoin the fire team, and last night I had none, we'll see if that improvement continues. 

Scottypalooza wrote:

I just did this last night actually just before the post, setting up a static IP for the PS4 and ensuring the necessary ports were open for Destiny, so far no problems. I had previously been having some disconnects mid game which would make me have to rejoin the fire team, and last night I had none, we'll see if that improvement continues. 

I still get random disconnects from time to time but I believe that is more of a Destiny issue. The servers have been under attack so some problems may be from that result

darkestlynk

Thanks for posting it. Will check it out

---Follow the Light, Fallen into Darkness---
Huurp37

I have not checked this out yet, but plan to this evening.  I haven't been getting disconnects so much, but desperately need to change my NAT type, as it's interfered with raids on a couple occasions.  Is NAT adjustment mentioned in this video or just to allow more data through at faster speeds?

Sorry for the newb questions, but not very network savvy.  Also not able to view video at work.

I have attempted to change my NAT from various videos on the interwebz, but to no avail.  Clearly doing something wrong, but it seems straightforward as I'm doing it.  It's only when I go to test that my router laughs in my face and points out my failure.

Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

The NAT Type can be affected by a number of things. NAT 2 is really the only one you want. But if after these setting changes are made and still having issues, then it may be due to your net provider and their modem/router, and if that is the case then it's best to call them and have them do the changes, if they don't allow access to you.

I know my provider, Bright House, does not allow me to go into their modem and change my password or name, so I have a pass through (another router connected to it by ethernet cable) with my personal router that allows me to make such changes.

Huurp37

Ok, thank you.  My NAT is and has been 2, but I thought that was Moderate.  I have been trying to get it to 1, or what I thought was Open.  I don't know, but it's very fickle and upsetting.  Some times I can hear others, other times not, so I wasn't sure what the deal was. 

Mkllr2960
Mkllr_2960
Site Admin

Huurp37 wrote:

Ok, thank you.  My NAT is and has been 2, but I thought that was Moderate.  I have been trying to get it to 1, or what I thought was Open.  I don't know, but it's very fickle and upsetting.  Some times I can hear others, other times not, so I wasn't sure what the deal was. 

My NAT is 2 as well, but I don't have issues hearing people, on the occasion that I do, it is either because of the individuals NAT Type, are having connection issues in general, or have people muted.

NAT 1 generally won't be available unless speaking with your provider first. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Legends of our Time Forum Index -> Member Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: